Monday, April 25, 2011

Baby Bump Update 37 3/4 Weeks

At this late stage of the pregnancy, every day counts! Everyone is asking, "Where's baby?" You know what---there is no one more anxious than me to answer that question. Last Wednesday - six full days ago - I was told by by doctor that I was 3 cm dilated and he thought it would be no more than a week. This is me minutes before we were headed to the hospital. On Easter Sunday, I was having contractions every 5 minutes or so, for a full hour and then they just...stopped.


This false labor business is driving me insane. Oh, come baby Ring, come! The good news is, we've stayed very busy around here. Still at the Hessel's house, we got to spend Easter Sunday with their family. It was a fun time! Christi set up a trail of jelly beans Easter morning that lead to their gifts.


And to ensure they didn't think Easter was about bunnies or eggs, or Power Rangers, they were read the Resurrection story, and Micah and Caelan both really got it. Jesus rose again on the third day and he gave us the gift of new life. "That's why we get a gift, mom!"



Well, they sort of got it. Caelan didn't get the part that
you don't eat jellybeans endlessly all morning.


And when he kept hearing no....


Did I mention that the timing is perfect to have a new baby while my second born discovers that he's terribly two? Oh, the joys! Exciting news is that my 4 year old is graduating to a big boy booster seat to make room for the baby carseat.


He's so proud of his new seat because he uses a real seat belt and the seat has it's own snack and beverage holder. Happy Easter to everyone from our family to yours! He has risen! (This is the happiest picture believe it or not of my kids, but don't let them fool you, they are quite joyful.)





1 comment:

Angela said...

Boo on the false labor! I had it SO bad with my last two. :( I finally decided that any contractions that started at 5 minutes apart were to be totally ignored because they never went anywhere. Hope you pop that little guy out soon...this is the hardest part of pregnancy...the waiting!

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...