Monday, April 18, 2011

We Found a House!

Yes, great news! After months of searching, and three rejected offers, it looks like the fourth one was the charm. We tried three short sales for ridiculously cheap prices, and we were always up against cash-buyer investors. The fourth one was a regular sale which also had a cash offer to compete with, but it turns out that the seller wanted some flexibility for their close date and so we were able to give them a June closing. So, they chose us!

Praise God. Here is our future home!


Wow, this journey has been rough in the waiting. I've learned a lot about myself, and the Lord has used this to build my trust and faith. It became quite confusing for us, as the more we sought to find answers, the more questions we would have. I felt a little like I was chasing my own tail, going in circles, trying to figure out where God wanted us to be. I've seen hundreds of properties on line, and know every neighborhood within a 10 mile radius.

We tried poor neighborhoods. We tried fixer uppers. That was a no. We tried short sales that would literally have our mortgage under $1,000/month. That was a no. We tried small single family on a culdesac. That was a no.

Our strategy was to keep the goal (downsizing to half the mortgage, half the square footage) and just to pray and ask God to close doors if that wasn't the house for us. Well, surprisingly, we were up against a cash buyer--AGAIN, He said yes. We are grateful and very excited about the townhouse we will live in.


As my hands were open to wherever He was leading, I did have my hopes set on a single family. If we were to move to a townhouse, I of course wanted to meet all my requirements such as it needed to:
1) have four bedrooms which is rare for a 2000 sq. ft. townhouse in Loudoun County
2) be an end unit (lots of light, feels like we're not closed in)

3) have a big common area that backs to trees (Patrick is not fond of mowing, and we love views)
4) have ample visitor parking for entertaining

5) have an interesting floor plan (not your cookie-cutter townhouse)

6) have plenty of storage



With the inventory of homes in our price range being VERY low, and the interest rate that we locked in LOWER than the one we had, we feel really blessed to have found this property! Another strong motivator was that Patrick REALLY liked this house, and that was really important to me. So, this one has it all, and we were really glad it was in Potomac Falls (a very desirable location that unlike some areas we were willing to live in, will appreciate) and we have a lot of friends in community only blocks away. Also, Patrick's commute would actually be reduced! Double bonus. It also works out quite nicely for a June move-in as it gives me a month of focusing on a new baby and not having to organize a move-in days from being released from the hospital!



Now, onto the fun part - the design! :) It will look totally different after I'm done with it! Can't wait....giving thanks to God for all His provisions, even when I am faithless, He remains faithful.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

That's great! Mom told me to get on and see the news because I had no idea! Isn't it so exciting to know you will soon have a place of your own again. I'm pretty sure I can guess the first thing you will change! LOL!

Michelle said...

I was going to say the same thing - I know what will be changed first! OR maybe the "green room" looks better in person?

The house looks lovely and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Spring Break 2015 - No Cabin Fever! Yogi Bear Luray

This spring break we wanted to squeeze in one more year of enjoying Yogi Bear Campgrounds before we started to venture out in the world of D...